Sunday, May 17, 2009

sunrise musings

Yesterday my sleep was broken by the brilliance of the rising sun. This may not seem to be an extraordinary event, but this had not occurred for several months. As I greeted, what would prove to be a glorious day, I realized that the sun was able to shine upon my face that day due to the positioning of the earth relative to the sun.

This positioning is ever changing and I am only greeted by the sun in this manner for a few weeks a year. As I thought about the everchanging positioning of these two celestial bodies, I began to think of the overall positioning of planets in our solar system, which led to thinking of our solar system in relation to other solar systems and galaxies to galaxies and the meaning of infinity.

Could there really be 1000 other planets like ours out there as some folks have speculated?

The charged energies of the universe seemed to pulse through my barefeet, which seemed to cling to very fragile earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things to ponder

My photo
Connecticut, United States
1 person, 1 passion. I am an Eco-artist and arts educator who is attempting to make the world a slightly better place every day.